We’re currently in the final stages for Alpha 8, hoping to release it to our gold supporters by early December.
Before we go into details, let’s take a look at the updated Steam wishlist: 25,164!
New traffic system 🚦
The previous traffic system was pretty complicated to set up and also regularly caused trouble when playing. Our gold supporters can tell stories about massive traffic jams, blocked road crossings, and trucks getting stuck when turning around corners.
The new system is less complex and easy to configure. We hope that this will massively improve traffic flow and gameplay. Don’t worry - we’ll still try our best to assure you get some authentic New York traffic jams in the final version.
Car controller 🎮
While Jonas #1 was working on the new traffic system, Jonas #2 started working on a much-needed upgrade to the car controller, meaning the mechanics you use when driving around in your own car.
Gold supporters will instantly notice how much easier it is to control their car, especially when parking.
Direction indicators and car lights 🚘
Cars will now tell you which direction they’re planning to go! Except for those few annoying idiots who always go the opposite direction or don’t know how to use indicators at all. You all know what I’m talking about!
Additionally, we improved all the car lights for a more realistic impression.
In our last devlog, we looked into the new marketing agency. The first version only allows you to market on the internet. This week, the 3D team has been busy adding real-world advertising billboards to the city. We’re still working on it, but it’s starting to look pretty good!
Character customization 🧍
David#NaN has just finished the character customization at the beginning of a new game. You can choose your name, sex, skin and hair color as well as your face and clothes. Just be yourself! Or anyone you like to be…
Full shopping baskets 🛍️
We weren’t happy about the always empty shopping baskets when buying booze and souvenirs. That’s why they’ll now change their appearance depending on the number of items inside. Just a minor change but feels so much better now!
Maximum customer capacity 🏪
Yay, your customers now get their own capacity! Only one beer and two cigars per person!
No, that’s for sure not what we meant with this headline. Instead, your shops will get a capacity limit. It is based on the store size and furnishing. Metal shelves, cash registers, and everything else will have a limited serving capacity. To get more customers into your gift shop it might be necessary to buy another shelf.
Closed issues since the last devlog 🐛
- #81 - Not Starting work if clicked before shift time
- #126 - Wrong grammar in Research Data Page
- #134 - Very slow scrolling in Purchase Screen When Queueing
- #194 - Drive-in wholesale store Bizman view doesn’t show market value and building size.
- #249 - Income Statement has no padding at the bottom
- #255 - Slow scrolling in cargo list
- #256 - Options dialog (Save / Quit) opens behind cargo dialog
- #325 - The first time opening BizMan after loading a game, “Insight” doesn’t immediately get underlined if you’re indoors
- #328 - More than two workplaces in one business will cause the additional places to be out of the screen.
- #337 - Multi-line error message doesn’t fit into red box
- #407 - Progress bar not showing proper progress
- #642 - “Customers over time” in BizMan showing erroneous graph for yesterday
We use the up-vote count below to measure how many of you read these devlogs. If you enjoyed it, please let us know by hitting the like 👍 button below, thanks! ❤
That’s all for today. We’ll be back in 2 weeks with further updates.
All the best,
Jonas#1 & Daniel#2
Did you enjoy this devlog? Click below to show! 🥳
We'll keep you updated on new devlogs and important announcements. You can 1-click unsubscribe anytime 😊