Beta 3 Release
Steam Next Fest is almost there, and we’ve focused the development towards polishing the game, doing some heavy bug fixing and preparing the demo (which will be available to everyone on June 13th!).
Alright, let’s go!
One of the most asked features by our non-English speakers is finally here: using our fancy tool (Localizor), you can now help us translate the game into different languages. There’s a new option in the options menu: “Language”! We still have a looong way to go before having the game fully translated, but some fellow players have already gone ahead and started translating in various languages.
You can suggest or vote for translations at https://www.localizor.com/big-ambitions. We’ll really appreciate any help!
Another widely asked feature: taxis! In New York! Yay! Just find a taxi, click it, and choose the building you want to travel to. Quicker, easier but a bit more expensive.
Improved lighting and time of day feeling
The natural lighting has been heavily improved, both in interior and exterior. New York has never been more beautiful!
External building details
The art team has been working hard (as always!) on new decorations for the buildings: scaffoldings, roof details, etc.
Reworked employee demands
As you may know, all the employees had the “free weekends” demand… And that was all. We’ve removed “exhaustion”, replaced it with “satisfaction”, and added several new demands making it harder than ever to keep your employees happy.
Four new carpets are now available at Ika Bohag, and changing rooms for clothing stores can be bought at AJ Pederson & Son.
Neighborhood filter on Voogle Maps
Another requested feature: filters on Voogle Maps for the neighborhoods!
One of the tasks on our “to-do list” was adding character portraits that, in fact, represented the character that you were playing. It’s time to say goodbye to our old (young?), standard, handsome boy with a weird posture that was used on the placeholder portrait (on both save games list and in-game).
- ALT + R now does inverse rotation when placing an item
- Added P as shortcut for placing items
- Added ESC as shortcut for canceling placement mode
- Updated vehicle names with community-made ones
- More sounds and better ambience sounds
- New subway stations
- New notifications
- Added street signs
- Added lights to all AI buildings
- Adjusted some food saturation and added energy generation for cups of coffee
- Added icons to workstations on BizMan Schedule
- Improved building hider
- Added age to the player
- Added remaining distance to guiders
- Updated tutorial
12 fixed issues since beta 2 🐛
- #177 - Management courses: One hour too much added when reopening dialog
- #203 - Building Hiding when standing close, even if not blocking the view
- #215 - EconoView: Unused business buildings shown as empty lines
- #788 - Loading a game that was saved while paused will load in a very bright state
- #856 - Not IKEA: NPC standing on wall
- #1007 - Ground missing
- #1050 - Traffic lights on 1st avenue always on
- #1055 - Fence of forest park at the roundabout / 4th Avenue can be walked into
- #1080 - Missing description for “OnCounterTop”
- #1093 - No distance check for grabbing from “Manage cargo”
- #1094 - Take over new store issues
- #1095 - after i new mintuer i always need to relaod
147 feedback reports have been successfully handled, and 18 issues have also been fixed and shipped during Beta 2.
Get access now!
Beta 3 is available to all our gold and silver supporters. You can get access right now by buying the gold or silver version of Big Ambitions at www.bigambitionsgame.com
We use the up-vote count below to measure how many of you read these devlogs. If you enjoyed it, please let us know by hitting the like 👍 button below, thanks! ❤
All the best,
Jonas#1 & David#NaN
Did you enjoy this devlog? Click below to show! 🥳
We'll keep you updated on new devlogs and important announcements. You can 1-click unsubscribe anytime 😊