Beta 2 Release
It’s time! The biggest update of Big Ambitions (so big that we had to delay its release) is here. Are you ready to see the changes? Let’s go!
New neighborhood: Midtown
The map has been expanded! A third neighborhood has joined the game: Midtown. Fancy and with unique buildings, it’s really worth it to spend a couple of evenings (in-game, of course!) walking around there. Enjoy the awesome job the art team has done!
Although visually is almost unnoticeable, this is a big change: the way customers look for products has been completely reworked. No more expensive jewelry stores generating several millions a day, sorry!
Products now have a demand value, which depends on the base price of the product and the amount of businesses selling it. This means that expensive stuff is harder to sell and that competition must be contemplated. We’ve also added new random events, like shortages and hypes for specific products, which can modify either the import price of the product or the demand value. Market Insider App has received an update to match the changes, don’t worry!
Auto parking on Luxurious Saloon
Parking can be tricky sometimes in Big Ambitions. But, for now on, if you’re rich enough to afford a Luxurious Saloon, you’ll be able to auto park it. Fast and easy!
New retail building
If one of your dreams in Big Ambitions is creating a big supermarket, then this is your moment! M1 building has been added to the game. With a surface of 1000m2, it can have up to 75 customers per hour.
New business type: Web Development Agency
There’s one new office business type: Web Development Agency. Set up some computers, add a bunch of programmers, and… Voila!
New main menu
As we get closer to the launch of Big Ambitions, we have to focus on things not directly related to gameplay. One of them is the main menu: it has been completely redesigned and improved with cool features such as the News and Updates panel! Also, saves are now splitted into characters.
Together with the rework of the main menu, we’ve enabled autosaving. It happens every in-game midnight, and will prevent the loss of progress in case of a crash or power failure. We store up to 3 recovery saves for each character, which can be loaded from the “load menu” by enabling “Show recover saves”.
Improved item overlays
More fancy stuff! Item overlays have received a redesign. They’re now hidden by default, and appear when hovering the mouse over the item itself. If an item is missing requirements or has low/empty stocks, an icon will appear and will always be visible.
One of the most annoying things of setting up a large law firm was managing the employees. We’ve done some changes here and there, like removing the space between different workstations, adding the ability to move employees between workstations by dragging, adding a “Shared schedule” option and adding toggles to all days for changing the open state. The result is something more responsive and clean!
This improvement has been widely asked in the community, with different approaches. We’ve come to a solution that tries to meet all players’ demands: cleaning slots now depend on cleaning workstations instead of mops (yay, one new item!), customer service employees come with cleaning skills, aaand… You can freely choose when the cleaning happens throughout the day.
Improved customer capacity UI
It was a bit confusing how customer capacity was handled, so we have updated how that information is displayed.
Added sell buttons to items and vehicles
You can now sell any item/vehicle with a simple click! It will refund a 50% of the initial cost, but will let you get rid of old vehicles and furniture.
Building preview and more information on BizMan presentation
It’s important to know what you’re buying before actually buying it, so… We’ve added a preview button that will let you see the building itself, and customer capacity and traffic index are now displayed on the rent view in BizMan.
Desktop workstations set up
Some people have tried to set up their own desktop workstations by buying chairs, computers and desks, instead of buying the all-in-one desktop workstations. The thing is… That made more sense! So, desktop workstations are no longer available in stores, and both lawyers and programmers will need a workstation with a computer, a desk and a chair.
- Added current address information on bottom right corner
- Added warehouses as possible destination for logistics managers
- Added default lights to buildings
- Added various objects to rooftops of buildings
- Added “Static Background Image” option for Phone Apps (fixes whitescreen issue on Intel GPUs)
- “Business has no employees assigned” hourly message only appears when the business is open and has no employees assigned at all
- Added more sounds! Including random sounds for NPCs
- Grouped daily money transactions
- Improved tables performance and added sorting options
- Updated tutorial
- Disabled controllers input
67 fixed issues since beta 1 🐛
- #251 - Inventory count can be extremely hard to read on bright background
- #315 - First day rent for business building + first day wage not registered in BizMan
- #419 - Can’t enter car if parked incorrectly
- #670 - Clipping in park bench
- #791 - Inconsistent behaviour when sleeping while game is paused
- #814 - Fridge Door Barricade
- #825 - Zombie Cars between 6th Str / 8th Str / 1st Ave / 2nd Ave
- #869 - goal pane tucked away unable to move it
- #916 - Turning on the sidewalk at 2ND AVENUE / 6TH Street
- #918 - Car Park for Ika Bohag full even when closed
- #957 - Phone apps have white background for some users
- #992 - Selecting an employee in MyEmployees will remove red color for “No task” and “Unassigned”
- #993 - Warehouse Inventory: “Balance” unreadable
- #996 - Can not enter office anymore.
- #998 - Cargo window doesn’t close when forklift drives away from pallet shelf
- #999 - Cant pick up Pallet
- #1002 - Hide cleaning employees button is too big
- #1003 - NPC cars can be pushed trough fence
- #1004 - Help content bugs
- #1005 - Bridge has no collision
- #1006 - 4 fourthstreet house is bugged
- #1008 - if there are no paperbags in the shop, items will be sold for free
- #1009 - Shopping Basket Reads $0 When Put In Handtruck
- #1011 - Valuation calculation for Personal Goals incorrect
- #1012 - Delivery Driver Issues
- #1013 - When grabbing & packing a cash register, the assigned employees are not removed
- #1014 - “Empty fridge” causes need to pay for items
- #1015 - Fridge box can be placed in paper bag
- #1016 - Unable to complete verification of import mission.
- #1017 - EconoView: Business Type “Empty” for Warehouses
- #1018 - Headquarters: Copying the schedule of Saturday or Sunday to all days makes it closed, can’t be opened again
- #1019 - Car can get stuck on tree with fence
- #1020 - Wrong link in help menu
- #1022 - Forklift can’t load cargo from vehicles
- #1023 - Small confirm in main menu
- #1024 - Glitchy floor when looking through building 28 Second Avenue
- #1025 - Trees Obstructing Road
- #1026 - Parked vehicles spawning inside each other
- #1027 - Pressing ALT+Tab while being in citymap breaks everything
- #1028 - Early game terminate apartment contract issue
- #1029 - Map scroll freezing
- #1031 - Rotating logo
- #1033 - Job board item overlay shown permanently
- #1034 - El Gato: Queue stuck, player stuck after I finish my shift
- #1035 - Destination marker showing wrong direction if destination is far away
- #1036 - Pink post at side entrance from sidewalk to drive-in wholesales
- #1037 - Bank loan limit: Bank sets limit to $40,000 but doesn’t count in interest of new loan
- #1039 - Pizza oven can’t be bought at AJ Pederson
- #1040 - Adding more of already paid products into car will show them as already paid
- #1041 - Character order in “Load game” appears random
- #1043 - Cars become ghosts and drive in the wrong direction
- #1044 - All lights on traffic lights active
- #1045 - Player moves when moving an object with WASD
- #1046 - Warehouse open but no employees
- #1047 - Pressing the 2nd & 4th computer (from the left) at Mr Scotts doesn’t give anything
- #1048 - Getting stuck when trying to get Officedesk1
- #1049 - Parked Vehicle on road on 4th street
- #1052 - Parked car can get spawned inside construction site in front of 3 Third Avenue
- #1057 - Impression of “looking into the window” broken due to what seems to be a changing picture
- #1058 - Car Acrobatics possible at the elevated part of 2nd Avenue
- #1059 - Car can drive through outer railguard on circular road around Central Station, leaving the car stuck at the edge and effectively unusable
- #1061 - No confirmation anymore when overwriting savegame
- #1062 - Hand Truck Spawner is Inactive
- #1063 - Employees aren’t automatically assigned to business
- #1064 - Packing then replacing a drinks fridge fully restocks it.
- #1065 - Can’t deliver soda to coffee shop using warehouse and truck
- #1070 - Dev Console Opens Automatically When Starting NEW Game
Get access now!
Beta 2 is available to all our gold and silver supporters. You can get access right now by buying the gold or silver version of Big Ambitions at www.bigambitionsgame.com
We use the up-vote count below to measure how many of you read these devlogs. If you enjoyed it, please let us know by hitting the like 👍 button below, thanks! ❤
All the best,
Jonas#1 & David#NaN
Did you enjoy this devlog? Click below to show! 🥳
We'll keep you updated on new devlogs and important announcements. You can 1-click unsubscribe anytime 😊