Beta 1 Release
It’s the end of the month, and that means that is time for an update! After almost a year of alpha releases, we’re now moving the production phase from alpha to beta, releasing the first beta version of the game. Let’s see the new features!
New car controller & traffic improvements 📝
As promised, we’ve changed the car controller to a more responsive one. We’ve also added engine sounds for the different vehicles. And, with this upgrade, we took the opportunity to improve the traffic, removing almost all bottlenecks and making the AI drivers smoother.
Time to update your phone! One more app is available on Big Ambitions, this time focusing on your character. There’s a lot to add to this app, but right now it has some basic information, plus a bunch of personal goals (similar to achievements) to complete!
Acquire competitor businesses
You can now buy competitor businesses. It’s expensive, but will let you get that perfectly located building that you wanted! When acquiring it, both the furniture and the stock from that business will remain.
We have two brand new buildings available in the game: a large-sized residential apartment and a small office to build cozy headquarters and law firms.
Interior designer improvements
The art team has been working on new walls and floors, and we’ve added the possibility to change the colors of them, expanding the interior designer UI. With those additions, there are now available up to 24 floors and 38 walls. Will that be enough?
This version comes with a bunch of new furniture that can be bought from Ika Bohag, like trash bins and product panels, that are smaller and cheaper alternative shelves for the cheap gifts. We’ve also added the option to place furniture on the walls, adding paintings of different sizes, clocks and TVs.
There are a lot of small quality of life improvements and additions. Some of them are:
- Added the ability to attach chairs to tables
- Added signs and reorganized the drive-in wholesale shelves
- Added sorting filters to the MyEmployees App
- Added dropdowns to shelves to select the type of product to sell
- Marketing can now be done for law firms
- Added “hours until opening” information to buildings resumes
- Added the option to call the wholesale through the Contacts App
- Added new objectives
- Improved cargo on shelves (split items with different sizes and automatically merge boxes)
- Added BusinessLayoutSets (modding)
- New sounds: on game save, on writing in a text field, on dragging slider, on pause, on play, on shop enter
- Added sounds to subway
- Added ambience sounds to the park
26 fixed issues since alpha 10 🐛
- #268 - Wrong button label “Empty shelf” for DrinksFridge, no such button at all for SaladBar and MetalShelf
- #357 - EconoView showing income of 10 sold CheapGifts although in BizMan stock has just reduced by 9.
- #527 - NPC cars hitting player’s car
- #817 - Market Insider: Click on item closes map if already open
- #876 - CheapSaloon: Engine idling audio glitch
- #884 - Car sound doesn’t update inside drive-in wholesales
- #912 - Traffic jam for left turn from 6th Ave to 1st Street
- #944 - Voogle Maps: Uncle Fred objective icon not visible while indoors
- #946 - Vehicle brake lights triggered when not braking
- #955 - Subways can be accessed from vehicle
- #958 - Graphics issue when entering car while zoomed in
- #959 - Customer capacity building limit too high for law firm
- #960 - Price satisfaction unclear
- #962 - Can’t grab fridge with items in it
- #963 - Savegame can’t be loaded
- #966 - Flipped cars are lost
- #970 - Van duplicated, flipped and invalidated save
- #973 - Main menu: When pressing a button, most of the savegame thumbnails will disappear
- #974 - Illegally parked Merc in front of 22 Fourth Street blocking the road
- #975 - “Buy a box of soda cans” Objective not checked if fulfilled prematurely
- #976 - Wrong hand truck spawning position in C2 (and probably other) buildings
- #979 - Wrong info when shutting down business
- #980 - Car’s cargo dialog stays open when moving using WASD
- #981 - Camera sometimes off when leaving apartment
- #986 - Options: Elements extend too far to the right
- #987 - Jensen Capital only allowing initial loan of $40
Get access now!
Beta 1 is available to all our gold and silver supporters. You can get access right now by buying the gold or silver version of Big Ambitions at www.bigambitionsgame.com
We use the up-vote count below to measure how many of you read these devlogs. If you enjoyed it, please let us know by hitting the like 👍 button below, thanks! ❤
All the best,
Jonas#1 & David#NaN
Did you enjoy this devlog? Click below to show! 🥳
We'll keep you updated on new devlogs and important announcements. You can 1-click unsubscribe anytime 😊