Alpha 10 Release
Initially planned for February, we’re slightly late with our alpha 10 release. The new features brought fundamental changes to much of the game logic, introducing countless bugs. Today, we’ve finally reached a level of stability good enough for shipping the version to our gold supporters.
Savegames from alpha 9 are still supported in alpha 10, however they need to be moved manually from the alpha 9 folder to the alpha 10 folder.
Savegames are located here:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Hovgaard Games\Big Ambitions
~/Library/Application Support/Hovgaard Games/Big Ambitions
Take a look at all those new features:
Delivery Contracts 📝
Delivery contracts were first introduced in alpha 9. However, their handling through the contacts app didn’t feel very good.
After a complete rework, you can now find delivery contracts in your shop’s BizMan. Changes are easy and independent of the wholesalers’ business hours.
Headquarters can be set up in any office building. Once your company grows, this is the place where all your managers will work to ease your life.
For now, you can only hire logistics managers and purchasing agents (more on this below). HR managers are scheduled for the beta 1 release.
Warehouses and Logistics Managers 📦
Warehouses are your distribution hub. Imported goods and deliveries from wholesalers will arrive here before being distributed to your shops.
You need to drive transport vehicles into the warehouses. Delivery drivers, a new employee type, can be assigned to one of the vehicles each.
For each warehouse, you have to hire one logistics manager. They can handle delivery routes to assure none of your businesses will ever run out of goods.
Harbor Import Businesses and Purchasing Agents 🚢
Instead of buying goods from the wholesalers, you can save some money by importing them. Currently, two import businesses are set up at the harbor warehouses.
Just sit down at the customer service agent inside these businesses to negotiate import contracts.
Similarly to logistics managers, you need to staff your headquarters with one purchasing agent for each harbor import business.
Just tell the logistics manager what items you’d like to import and which warehouse should receive them. Be aware that import contracts come with a minimum order amount.
Trucks and Pallets 🚚
The new logistics features require handling increased amounts of goods. Your friendly truck dealership will be happy to provide you with modern, brand-new trucks.
Pallet shelves from AJ Pederson & Son’s appliance store will be perfect for your warehouses to store whole pallets instead of single boxes.
New building entrance system for vehicles 🚘
Feedback from our gold supporters showed us a problem with buildings allowing cars to drive in. This possibility wasn’t obvious, causing many players to park the car and walk into the building instead.
You’ll now see clearly marked green areas. A large blue button for entering the building will show once you drive into those areas. Alternatively, you can press E.
Logo Customizer 🎨
Previously scheduled for beta 1, we finished the logo customizer ahead of time and included it in alpha 10.
Choose from one of the predefined icons or upload your own (only PNG images supported), then set up your preferred colors and a nice-looking font.
Some buildings support showing the logo beside the large name signboard.
Billboard Ads 📢
Alpha 9 introduced online marketing for your business at McCain’s marketing agency. We recently received word that City Ads has opened their New York branch, offering billboard ads. Now you can see your own logo on those giant billboards all over the city - isn’t that cool?
Elevators are just behaving like regular doors, but they look fancy.
Movable Placement Camera 🎥
We got many complaints about item placement in buildings, and we listened! Now you can move the camera for positioning.
Vehicle Improvements 🚙
Vehicles now got rearview. The camera will turn around while holding C. No matter whether you’re just backing out of a traffic accident or enjoy exploring the city in reverse, the camera will help with that.
New in town and low on money? Sleeping in your car might save some money, although every bone will hurt the following morning.
Tree Cutout Shader 🌳
When walking through a park area, a cutout shader will create a hole in the tree leaves to keep the player visible at all times.
Help System ❔
A first version of the help system has been added. Currently only containing a few pieces of information, partly even just dummy texts. All contents will be finished before the final release in August.
94 fixed issues since alpha 9 🐛
- #20 - Shop: After paying it’s possible to add more items and walk out without paying those
- #193 - Drive-in wholesale store can drive in to the cash registers
- #773 - Hand truck is not accessible in 16th FourthAvenue ApplicationStore
- #775 - Invert Rotation doesn’t apply to hotkeys “Q” and “E”
- #776 - Player Customization: Name field should have focus
- #777 - Subway ride will show only small parts of the map
- #781 - Newly rented building become rented by AI
- #782 - Unpaid Balance goes over 2 lines if too expensive
- #784 - Possible to walk into drinks fridges at recruitment agency
- #785 - Can’t buy anything in generated supermarket
- #786 - Hand truck can be picked up twice, after parking one will remain inside the player
- #787 - Can’t load savegame if saved while holding a hand truck
- #793 - BizMan not updating details for law firm
- #794 - No customer in jewelry store
- #796 - Slider Overlaps duration of Ad campaign
- #799 - I can no longer hire employees
- #802 - Pressing F1 then F2 Can lead to camera rotation breaking
- #803 - Leaf Hiding not always effective while driving
- #804 - Spelling errors in MyEmployees app
- #805 - Car can drive through Ikea’s fence
- #811 - Can’t consume CupOfCoffee and Croissant
- #812 - Clock and Time issues
- #813 - Appliance Store: Buy 3, Pay 4!
- #819 - Bank doesnt work
- #822 - Оптимизация
- #824 - No building Value or Rent
- #826 - BizMan all empty after update
- #827 - BizMan: Only salad sold in fast food restaurant
- #829 - Call button missing from contacts
- #834 - Missing error message when clicking on fresh food without a shopping basket
- #835 - after upgrading from 337 to version 344, the businesses that was making a profit stopped making it
- #836 - Hide language selector in options menu
- #837 - missions
- #843 - Ghost notifications in Contacts from recruitment agency
- #844 - Limit FPS in main menu
- #846 - Car got stuck on trash can
- #847 - Firing employees doesn’t remove “objective tasks” assigned to them
- #848 - Holding a mop while exiting the interior designer will make the mop not work
- #849 - Time Machine to end of shift sometimes doesn’t work
- #850 - Character stuck after exiting forklift outside of warehouse
- #851 - Handicap spaces are marked as legal parking
- #853 - Jewelry Store products not included in customer capacity calcuation
- #854 - Calling contacts after midnight (before open) works
- #855 - Floating furniture outside NPC Coffee Shop
- #857 - Marketing Agency: dialogue box labeled Recruitment Agent
- #858 - Marketing is heavily exploitable
- #860 - there is no way to enter the buildings
- #862 - Stuck in bench with hand truck
- #863 - Missing Employee
- #864 - Save game overwrite confirmation dialog appearing when saving with new name
- #866 - Most NPCs can’t be interviewed
- #868 - Voogle Maps: labels missing on selected building in map filter
- #875 - Phone apps show “HELP [F1]” while F1 toggles display of control elements
- #879 - Bank at 6 2nd Avenue + Harbor import businesses available for rent
- #880 - Building info overlay position gets inverted on Voogle Maps when moving far away
- #881 - Logo designer: Selected icon lost after save/reload
- #882 - Customize Logo: “Select from disk” not working
- #885 - Handtruck falls on the ground when taken out of vehicle
- #886 - Incorrect error message when attempting to pick up a box with hands full
- #887 - MyEmployees/BizMan: Employees assigned to business on closed days included in hours/week calculation
- #888 - Cleaning: Dirt is invisible and mop has no effect on cleanliness bar
- #889 - Warehouse at 76 FirstStreet has IKEA interior
- #890 - Warehouse at 51 SecondStreet accessibility issues
- #892 - dirty and needs to be cleaned
- #893 - the car flies up after exiting
- #894 - I can’t leave the warehouse
- #895 - No staff visible in MyEmployees
- #896 - MyEmployees: Cleaners showing 0 working hours
- #897 - Illegal
- #898 - Logo Customizer: Selecting logo icon for one business applies it to all businesses
- #899 - Delivery to the wrong place
- #900 - no expensive jewelry in the delivery contract (at the port)
- #902 - Interior Designer: Wall/floor choices apply to unrented buildings of the same type
- #903 - Possible to sleep in vehicle while inside wholesale store
- #904 - Warehouse shadow glitch
- #905 - Not possible to delete save game from main menu
- #906 - Warehouses require Cash Register/Checkout Counter and StackOfShoppingBaskets
- #908 - Logistics Managers: Open In BizMan button broken
- #910 - Tree in building / Tree doesnt hide with building
- #911 - Harbor entrance next to the subway station / 1st Street blocked
- #913 - Walking path blocked at many points in front of 1st Broadway Street
- #914 - Wrong time displayed on day change while sleeping in car
- #917 - Unblocked First Avenue Street
- #919 - Logistics Managers delivering without routes setup
- #920 - Can’t terminate warehouse rental contract
- #922 - Cant hire driver direct to warehouse.
- #923 - Successful import delivery dialog refers to “weekly” shipment regardless of chosen delivery frequency
- #924 - MyEmployees: DeliveryDriver has “no task”
- #925 - Sign appearance editor available on buildings with no signs
- #927 - Sleeping inside building doesnt show daily overview at midnight.
- #928 - Possible to walk through pallets in NY Distro Inc wholesale store
- #931 - Pizza oven next to industrial fryer placement
- #932 - I can’t sit on the benches
- #939 - Stores don’t work
Get access now!
Alpha 10 is available to all our gold supporters. You can get access right now by buying the gold version of Big Ambitions at www.bigambitionsgame.com
We use the up-vote count below to measure how many of you read these devlogs. If you enjoyed it, please let us know by hitting the like 👍 button below, thanks! ❤
All the best,
Jonas#1 & Daniel#2
Did you enjoy this devlog? Click below to show! 🥳
We'll keep you updated on new devlogs and important announcements. You can 1-click unsubscribe anytime 😊